I’ve been obsessed with these little baby head wraps for a little while and I’ve promised to some readers I would write tutorial on how to make them! This is my first ever tutorial so here goes!
You will need:
- 20″ of fabric (this will be for a newborn so if you would like to go larger I would suggest 25″ for 6 months – 1 Year)
- Sewing machine
- Tape measure
- Threaded needle
1. First off Measure your length
2. Now cut the width. The width will need to be 4″ wide for a 2″ wide band. Again this is for newborn so it will be on the small side. Go to 7″ if older.
3. Now you have a 20″ long by 4″ wide strip of adorable fabric
4. Now fold in half so the fabric cuteness is hiding.
5. Cut each end diagonally towards the fold then sew down from the fold and turn fabric to go along the edge of fabric until the very end. Do not sew the other end, leave it open.
6. Now take the sewn end and push it through to the other side thats open turning it right side out!
7. Then take your open end and fold it in so there aren’t rough ends. Grab your threaded needle and close up shop on that end! Trim any threads that may be hanging out.
8. Then tie in knot! I like to leave about 1″ for tales. I have so many that are just too big for River right now and they hang in her face. So make sure to make them small enough so there isn’t too much tale. Too much tale is never good..hehe.
There you go, you have your head wrap!!