When you hear the word grain free Paleo chocolate chip cookies..you think, eh, they’re gonna be dry and flavorless. Well, people, look no further! I came across this recipe in my search and boy I’m glad I did! My husband has the biggest sweet tooth, he would eat sweets at every meal if he could! He grew up with having not just a small bowl full of ice cream, no..all the boys would grab a giant mixing bowl to put their ice cream in. Ok, that’s a little dramatic but I’m talking mumbo jumbo bowl full of ice cream. So, I have to keep him going with little chocolate delights in more of a healthy way. I have wasted so much money on oil and ingredients on paleo cookies and turn out just sub par but these cookies are AMAZING! Thank you Danielle Walker from Against All Grain! Your recipes are so yummy!!!
- ¼ cup palm shortening or grassfed butter
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces (just chop up a dark chocolate bar)
- ¼ cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand or a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.
Sawyer LOVED them!