One child is napping and the other is having quiet time. So here I sit to attempt to get a blog post in! We will see how long this lasts. As promised, I wanted to post about the adorable shower I helped throw for one of my favorite people on the planet.
Do you have a friend that you just met but feel as though you’ve known her your entire life? A friend that can even finish your sentences when you don’t have the words? Or maybe a friend that can love you so much and feed into your life even when their life is spinning? Stephanie and I haven’t known each other for very long…She is THAT friend. I’ve known her for maybe 2 years but I feel like I’ve known her my entire life! We met at a girls night out that was hosted by a mutual friend and have been inseparable ever since. Raising children isn’t an easy task and she has always been there cheering, encouraging, and helping me through the roughest of days and jumping for joy when we’ve had a break through! We are so excited to be sharing another special moment in each others lives with her third baby coming in April! So, with that said, I was so excited to help out with her baby shower!
Since I love to cook, I took charge of all the food. Her sweet and adorable sister and Mom did the decorations and the baking! It turned out so so so cute! Hope some of this stuff inspires you for your next event! The photos were taken by Stephanie’s sister, Jennifer Stelly!
What I served:
- Artichoke Quiche
- Bacon & Cheese Quiche
- Donut hole and berry Skewers
- Veggie Dippers: Ranch dressing with zucchini, carrots, red bell pepper, and celery. To keep the cost down for the 40 glass jars I went to World Market and bought salt and pepper shakers and removed the shaker lid and they turned into the most adorable little jars ever for only .99 cents plus I had a 10% off coupon! It beats buying $4 tall shot glasses that you can’t find anywhere.
- Avocado Salsa Salad
- Chicken Salad Croissant
- The ripply adorable pink cake was Sweet Ashley Raes
- And the ever so clever Cheese and Crackers
- I got the little chalk boards at my home away from home, Joann’s.
I feel so blessed by this woman and honored to be her friend!